Thursday 10 January 2013

Paolo Di Canio's Thoughts Ahead Of West Ham's Replay Against Manchester United

Here's what West Ham legend Paolo Di Canio had to say ahead of West Ham's clash against Manchester United next week.
"I would love to see West Ham get a result at Manchester United in their FA Cup replay on Wednesday because it would be great to see their fans celebrating at Old Trafford again.
Paolo Di CanioThe game will bring back very good memories for me because I scored the winning goal there for West Ham, also in the FA Cup in 2001, when Manchester United goalkeeper Fabien Barthez stood with his hand in the air, claiming I was offside.


He tried to stop me and confuse me by putting his hand up like directors do in theatre when actors are auditioning, but my view in life is always to act first, then discuss the consequences.
I brought this into my football career, so my only thought at the time was to put the ball in the net and then check what the linesman was doing.
One of my team-mates in that game was Joe Cole, and I am delighted to see he has gone back to West Ham.
I played alongside Roberto Baggio. For me, Cole was as good as him at 16. He was an amazing talent and the fact he did very well at West Ham and moved to Chelsea proved that he was a very good player.
He was one of the most talented players at West Ham and the fact his development was while I was there I am sure helped him."


No comments:

Post a Comment