Thursday 3 January 2013

Sean Maguire- My Opinion.


Sean Maguire-

Age: 18
Height: 5 ft 9
Previous club(s): Waterford United
Nationality: Republic Of Ireland
Made his debut for Republic of Ireland U19's in September 2012


My opinion:

From what I've read, Sean Maguire sounds like an excellent young player who is full of potential. Now he's at West Ham our youth coaches will help him make big strides forward; in the right direction. Since he's only 18 he still has another 20 years ahead of him. I hope that in 4-5 years we will see him in our first team, fulfilling his potential. If he does become a major talent we need to do everything we can to keep hold of him. Hopefully today is the day that he starts a long, successful career at West Ham. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean Maguire (blue) playing for Waterford United
Maguire was out of contract at The Blues. Both clubs have agreed a compensation package for the Airtricity League side.

Here's what Sean had to say about his move to West Ham United:

"Here I am now at West Ham and it's a dream come true really. People tend to say my best trait is my movement so hopefully I can show that here. I haven't been told yet which squad I will be in but I presume I'll be going into the reserves so I'll try to work my way up like I did at Waterford."

Waterford's Chairman spoke positively about Maguire. Here's what he told BBC Sport:

Waterford chairman John O'Sullivan: "I'm a great fan of Lionel Messi at Barcelona. When I look at Seanie, he really reminds me of him.
"He added: "Seanie has the same kind of balance, burst of speed and he's powerful on the ball.""If Seanie keeps progressing the way he is, it won't be long before he's getting first team football at West Ham. There is no question whatsoever he will be a star one day for the Republic Of Ireland."

I want to know YOUR opinion on the signing of Sean Maguire. Tweet or Email me your opinion and I will put it on here! Twitter: @samwhufcfrancis - Email: sam11sf@live.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment