Thursday 3 January 2013

West Ham Rumours (3/1/13) - My Thoughts

Here's a few rumours that I've heard today.

In:

Marouane Chamakh (loan) 
Player Profile-
Age: 28
Position: Striker 
Nationality: Born in France, but represents Morocco internationally
Current club: Arsenal
Previous club(s): Bordeaux.
International appearances & (goals): 61 (7)

My opinion- I think Chamakh will either be a great signing or a flop. I think a loan move with the option to buy would be a sensible move so if he turns out to be a great signing we can buy him and if he's a flop we can send him back to Arsenal.

Danny Simpson (permanent) 
Player Profile-
Age: 25
Position: Right back
Nationality: English
Current club: Newcastle United
Previous club(s): Manchester United, Royal Antwerp (loan), Sunderland (loan), Ipswich (loan), Blackburn (loan), Newcastle United (loan)
International appearances & (goals): 0 (0)

My opinion- I mentioned this player in the article I wrote named West Ham Ins And Outs Id Like To See In January. I would love to see Simpson grace the turf at Upton Park in a West Ham shirt. Hopefully this deal materializes and the right back makes the move down South.

Stephen Warnock (permanent) 
Player Profile-
Age: 31 
Position: Left back
Nationality: English 
Current club: Aston Villa but has spent the first half of the 2012-13 season on loan at Bolton
Previous club(s): Liverpool, Bradford (loan), Coventry (loan), Blackburn
International appearances & (goals): 2 (0)

My opinion- I've seen Stephen play for Villa before and I was impressed by his performance. I think he's a solid left back who regularly puts in good performances. I can see this being a wise move from Big Sam. I didn't see this move coming at all; a welcome surprise I suppose.

Out:

Maiga (loan)
Player Profile-
Age: 25 
Position: Striker/Winger
Nationality: Malian
Previous club(s): Stade Malien, Raja Casablanca, Le Mans, Sochaux 
International appearances & (goals): 31 (5)
When he joined West Ham: Summer 2012
Linked with: Marseille (loan)

My opinion- I mentioned in my article West Ham Ins And Outs Id Like To See In January that I would like to see him go out on loan to get some more game time then come back in the summer. I still think that this would be a wise move so I would like to see it happen.

So that's the players that I have heard about us being linked to today. If there are any more rumors about players joining/leaving us tomorrow I will be back with another article similar to this, tomorrow. 

Thanks for reading. Feel free to give me feedback by Tweeting or Emailing me. Twitter: @samwhufcfrancis - Email: sam11sf@live.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment