Friday 4 January 2013

West Ham Rumours (4/1/13) - My Thoughts

Here's a few rumours that I've heard today.

In:

Martin Olsson
Player Profile-
Age: 24
Position(s): Left Back/Left Wing
Nationality: Sweden
Current club: Blackburn
Previous club(s): Hogaborgs BK (youth)
International appearances & (goals): 14 (4)

My opinion- Martin Olsson would be an excellent addition to our squad. The Swede is a left back who likes to attack. I can see him and Jarvis linking up well down the left. Olsson is also very quick so would have the pace to get back if he pushes forward. Our team currently lacks pace, the only players i'd say are quick are Jarvis and Maiga. Sam Allarydce worked with Olsson in his time at Blackburn. The opportunity of Premier League football could convince Olsson to leave Blackburn and come to Upton Park.


Douglas

Player Profile-
Age: 24
Position(s): Centre back
Nationality: Brazil
Current club: FC Twente
Previous club(s): Joinville
International appearances & (goals): 0 (0)

My opinion- I haven't heard of Douglas before but from what I've read he sounds like a good player. Standing  tall at 6 ft 4, the centre back would dominate in the air and would be a big figure in our back line. Furthermore, he would stiffen our defence up a bit. However, there is a problem that I have forgotten to highlight in previous articles. Currently James Tomkins is not playing regularly as Sam Allardyce prefers to play James Collins instead. I disagree with this decision personally but I will save that rant for another day. With James Tomkins not playing regularly he could consider leaving; I don't even want to think about Tomkins leaving us.

Out:

James Tomkins
Player Profile- 
Age: 23
Position(s): Centre Back
Nationality: English
Previous club(s): Derby County (loan)
International appearances & (goals): 0 (0)
When he joined West Ham: 1997
Linked with: Newcastle (permanent)

My opinion- Even typing this hurts me. According to rumours James Tomkins would consider a move away from Upton Park if he doesn't start playing regularly. I'm not even going to go any further now as the possibility of Tomkins leaving saddens me.



Modibo Maiga (loan)
Player Profile- 
Age: 25 
Position: Striker/Winger
Nationality: Malian
Previous club(s): Stade Malien, Raja Casablanca, Le Mans, Sochaux 
International appearances & (goals): 31 (5)
When he joined West Ham: Summer 2012
Linked with: Marseille (loan), Newcastle (loan/permanent)

My opinion- Rumours are going around that Newcastle are interested in Modibo Maiga. I'm not going to go too far into this as I mentioned it yesterday. All I'm going to say is that a loan move would suit Maiga as I don't want to bore people who read yesterday's version of this article. 

Thanks for reading. Please give me feedback by Tweeting or Emailing me. Twitter: @samwhufcfrancis - Email: sam11sf@live.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment